Advantages and disadvantages of Lime paintPure & Original Lime paint is a durable paint, made in a traditional way by people with passion and knowledge for the profession. The paint is 100% mineral and stained with 100% natural pigments and is, therefore, an environmentally-friendly product. The look is extremely matt, giving your walls a “weathered”, lived-in look, which only gets more and more beautiful as time passes.
Pure & Original Fresco Lime paint:
- Is incombustible.
- Is mould and bacteria-resistant.
- Prevents moisture problems and ensures continued breathing of the painted surface.
- Has a beautiful and unique appearance with aesthetic strokes.
Despite the many advantages of Lime paint it also has limitations, including:
- Repainting over the Lime paint is possible, but aways prepare the surface with one layer of Pure & Original Fresco Special Fix. You may then apply any other paint to the surface.
- Touch-up can be tricky and you are likely to see some difference in colour when Lime paint is applied at different times.
- Lime paint is porous and, therefore, is easily affected by water and fat. When used in the kitchen or bathroom, we recommend that you protect the Lime paint by applying our Deat Flat Eco Sealer.
- For any area directly exposed to water, protection with our Dead Flat Eco Sealer is also recommended. It is not advisable to use the Lime paint on the interior side of showers.